Velvet Suite, Inc. is a high-growth leadership innovation firm on a mission to change the way we live and lead with purpose. We have an opening for a contractor to full-time Sales Manager supporting The She-Suite, our female-focused leadership platform.
Are you ready to join an organization that has a reputation for outstanding leadership, innovation, and branding expertise? At Velvet Suite, our mission is to advance purpose and profit through innovative solutions that unleash human potential. Our employees use their creativity and talent to invent new solutions, meet new demands, and offer the most innovative leadership development solutions. With your active involvement, creativity, and support, Velvet Suite will continue to achieve its goals.
About the Position
At Velvet Suite we are on a growth mission and are expanding globally. A strong sales infrastructure is key to capitalizing on every opportunity to quickly turn prospects into clients, fueling our growth. The Sales Manager will establish a solid sales management foundation through systems integration, process design and sales team talent development.
Scope of the Position:
We are looking for a sales professional with experience creating sales teams from the ground up. Key areas of responsibility include:
Establish a formal sales management process to support a high growth organization
- Build out a comprehensive sales playbook (system, structure and tools)
- Create and execute a sales plan to include annual sales goals, quarterly forecasting and metrics for assessing performance against plan
- Research consumer needs and identify how our solutions address those needs
Manage the sales pipeline from prospecting to close
- Track, analyze and communicate key quantitative metrics and business trends that impact our prospects and clients
- Qualify prospects and move into the sales funnel; engage clients to grow existing relationships
- Manage and report on active pipeline; manage deals through contract completion
Develop a high-performing sales team
- Recruit sales professionals that align with our company values to meet global growth objectives
- Hire, train, coach, motivate and advise a team of sales representatives
- Manage sales team against established goals to meet revenue targets
What You Bring to the Position
- Five or more years of managing sales within a corporate environment
- Proven track record of success quickly moving prospects to close in a traditionally long sales cycle
- Experience building new sales teams
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Recognized leadership ability
- Data driven decision making
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration or related field
- Ability to travel 20% of the time
About our Company Culture
Here at Velvet Suite, we envision a future where the awakened leader is the force for positive change and we partner with forward-leading individuals and executives to provide breakthrough solutions to advance organizations through people. Our committed team understands the future of profit resides in people. Our Founder and CEO Melissa Dawn Simkins, the First Lady of Personal Branding, is a global thought leader and pioneer of personal brand leadership.
Our team is guided by our values and committed to excellence and results. As a company and as a team, we Lead with Purpose, Execute with Excellence, Act with Accountability, Deliver Results Together, Elevate the Experience, Recommit to Systems and Tell Stories with Heart.
This Position/Organization is the Right Fit for You If:
- You are interested in being a part of a rapidly growing company
- You are a team player who will roll up your sleeves and do what it takes to make things happen
- You thrive in a fast paced environment
- You can juggle competing priorities and stay cool under pressure when there is a lot going on
- You are a problem solver who likes to figure things out and find solutions
- You can collaborate effectively with co-workers and clients in a virtual environment
- You are comfortable with technology and finding ways to drive improvements through the use of technology based solutions
- You are excited about a mission driven company and working on programs to support female focused leadership development
This Position is Not the Right Fit for You If:
- You prefer an office environment and have trouble remaining focused in a remote work setting
- You have trouble meeting commitments and deadlines
- You struggle to admit when you make a mistake, learn from it, and keep moving forward
- You prefer a fully defined scope of work
- You work best with management oversight
Benefits of Working at Velvet Suite
- Make an impact by supporting a purpose-driven organization that supports the advancement of women leaders and helps them achieve their potential
- Enjoy a virtual/flexible work environment – you can work from anywhere
- 7 federal holidays + 2 floater holidays
- Complimentary Access to The Brand Leadership Institute Coaching Program
- Learning & Development support
- Reset and Well-being Days Recognized throughout the year
- Major Medical Healthcare
- Pre and Post-Tax Retirement Plan and Profit Share
About Velvet Suite
Our focus is empowering women to level up to do their best work and live their best lives. Our clients are Fortune 500 companies who are investing in women leaders. Building upon the success of consulting the world’s great brands, celebrities and athletes, Velvet Suite redefines leadership for the 21st century and transforms brands from the inside out. We do the unexpected, and we have the audacity to believe we can change the world one leader at a time. No matter the challenge, we stand tall and put our backs against the wall; we don’t let anyone or anything tell us what is possible.
Velvet Suite, Inc. was launched in October 2006 in Cincinnati, Ohio. The Company was founded by Melissa Dawn Simkins, a classically-trained marketing expert with unique expertise in personality branding, having worked with celebrities and entertainment properties.
Velvet Suite is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.