Velvet Suite, Inc. is a high-growth leadership innovation firm on a mission to change the way we live and lead with purpose. We have an opening for a full-time Sales Development Representative (SDR) supporting our female focused leadership platform called The She-Suite.
Are you ready to join an organization known as a pioneer in personal brand leadership empowering women to lead with purpose in work, well-being and beyond? At Velvet Suite, our mission is to advance purpose and profit through innovative solutions that unleash human potential. Our employees are MVPs (leaders aligned by mission, vision and purpose) who use their creativity and talent to invent new solutions, meet new demands, and offer the most innovative leadership development solutions. With your active involvement, creativity, and support, Velvet Suite will continue to achieve its goals.
About the Position
Our business is growing quickly. We have amazing customers and we want more to experience our incredible solution. The SDR’s primary function will be to develop, qualify and convert MQL’s to SQL’s for our sales team.
The ideal candidate will be familiar with the Human Resource and Learning and Development industry. Ideally, someone who understands the pain points of female leaders and DEI issues and has a passion to help bring a proven solution to Fortune 500 companies. In addition, the successful candidate will be a quick learner with strong emotional intelligence, proven results in opening doors at the executive level and the ability to showcase our offerings in a compelling way.
This is a WFH based role and as such, the ideal candidate will need to be a proven self-starter, tenacious and resilient.
Scope of the Position
- Represent our company’s programs and services, starting with a deep and comprehensive understanding of our customer base and following with consumer research to identify how our solutions meet needs.
- Ability to follow lead generation and qualification process and protocol.
- Meet weekly, monthly, and annual SQL quotas through the successful implementation of prospecting strategies and tactics.
- Generate leads and build relationships with prospects that ensure a professional and smooth meeting transition to a member of our sales team.
- Develop and implement a territory action plan through data analysis, and adjust qualification techniques based on interactions and results.
Area 1: Prospecting & lead qualification
- Identify potential leads and reach out to them via email, phone, or social media to generate interest in the Velvet Suite’s products and solutions.
- Evaluating the MQL’s that come in and determining whether they are a good fit for Velvet Suite’s products and solutions. This may involve asking qualifying questions, conducting research, and analyzing data.
Area 2: Support & engagement
- Provide support to the sales team by preparing sales materials, coordinating meetings, and maintaining accurate records of customer interactions via the Velvet Suite’s CRM.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with potential and existing customers to increase the likelihood of closing sales.
Area 3: Maintenance & reporting
- Maintain an organized business process for timely tracking of conversations, insights, statistics, etc.
- Maintain an organized and up-to-date database of leads and prospects, and tracking progress through the sales pipeline.
- Provide regular reports on the status of the sales pipeline, including the number of SQL’s generated, the conversion rate, and the overall success of the sales journey.
What You Bring to the Position
Skills and Qualifications
- 3-5 years in an SDR capacity with a focus on Learning & Development Organizations.
- Strong executive presence.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, problem-solving, and organizational skills.
- Proficiency with sales management software and CRM.
- Personal integrity.
- Worked in a start-up environment.
- Proven experience selling to Fortune 500 executives is a plus.
- Proven success rate at levels above quotas.
- Ability to balance personable persuasion with professionalism.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Work from home (WFH) with a preference in the Washington DC area.
About our Company Culture
Here at Velvet Suite, we envision a future where the awakened leader is the force for positive change and we partner with forward-leading individuals and executives to provide breakthrough solutions to advance organizations through people. Our committed team understands the future of profit resides in people. Our Founder and CEO Melissa Dawn Simkins, the First Lady of Personal Branding, is a global thought leader and pioneer of personal brand leadership.
Our team is guided by our values and committed to excellence and results. As a company and as a team, we Lead with Purpose, Execute with Excellence, Act with Accountability, Deliver Results Together, Elevate the Experience, Recommit to Systems and Tell Stories with Heart.
This Position/Organization is the Right Fit for You If:
- You are interested in being a part of a rapidly growing company
- You are a team player who will roll up your sleeves and do what it takes to make things happen
- You thrive in a fast paced environment
- You can juggle competing priorities and stay cool under pressure when there is a lot going on
- You are a problem solver who likes to figure things out and find solutions
- You can collaborate effectively with co-workers and clients in a virtual environment
- You are comfortable with technology and finding ways to drive improvements through the use of technology based solutions
- You are excited about a mission driven company and working on programs to support female focused leadership development
This Position is Not the Right Fit for You If:
- You prefer an office environment and have trouble remaining focused in a remote work setting
- You have trouble meeting commitments and deadlines
- You struggle to admit when you make a mistake, learn from it, and keep moving forward
- You prefer a fully defined scope of work
- You work best with management oversight
Benefits of Working at Velvet Suite
- Make an impact by supporting a purpose-driven organization that supports the advancement of women leaders and helps them achieve their potential
- Enjoy a virtual/flexible work environment – you can work from anywhere
- 7 federal holidays + 2 floater holidays
- Complimentary Access to The Brand Leadership Institute Coaching Program
- Learning & Development support
- Reset and Well-being Days Recognized throughout the year
- Major Medical Healthcare
- Pre and Post-Tax Retirement Plan and Profit Share
About Velvet Suite
Our focus is empowering women to level up to do their best work and live their best lives. Our clients are Fortune 500 companies who are investing in women leaders. Building upon the success of consulting the world’s great brands, celebrities and athletes, Velvet Suite redefines leadership for the 21st century and transforms brands from the inside out. We do the unexpected, and we have the audacity to believe we can change the world one leader at a time. No matter the challenge, we stand tall and put our backs against the wall; we don’t let anyone or anything tell us what is possible.
Velvet Suite, Inc. was launched in October 2006 in Cincinnati, Ohio. The Company was founded by Melissa Dawn Simkins, a classically-trained marketing expert with unique expertise in personality branding, having worked with celebrities and entertainment properties.
Velvet Suite is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.