Velvet Suite, Inc. is a high-growth leadership innovation firm on a mission to change the way we live and lead with purpose. We have an opening for a contractor to full-time Sales Associate supporting our female focused leadership platform called The She-Suite.
Are you ready to join an organization known as a pioneer in personal brand leadership empowering women to lead with purpose in work, well-being and beyond? At Velvet Suite, our mission is to advance purpose and profit through innovative solutions that unleash human potential. Our employees are MVPs (leaders aligned by mission, vision and purpose) who use their creativity and talent to invent new solutions, meet new demands, and offer the most innovative leadership development solutions. With your active involvement, creativity, and support, Velvet Suite will continue to achieve its goals.
About the Position
At Velvet Suite, we would be nothing without our successful sales team. We’re seeking a qualified sales associate to help us sell the products and services that our customers have grown to rely on. The sales representative will have a strong understanding of the sales process, excelling at generating leads, building relationships, and closing deals. The ideal candidate will be a quick learner with strong negotiating skills, and the ability to showcase our offerings in a compelling way. Often tasked with giving presentations, attending networking events, detailed follow-up and follow-through, it’s essential that our sales rep be personable and professional.
Objectives of this Role
- Represent our company’s programs and services, starting with a deep and comprehensive understanding and following with consumer research to identify how our solutions meet needs
- Ability to follow sales management process and protocol
- Meet weekly, monthly, and annual sales quotas through the successful implementation of sales and marketing strategies and tactics
- Generate leads and build relationships planning and organizing daily work schedule to call on existing or potential sales outlets
- Develop and implement territory action plan through comprehensive data analysis, and adjust sales techniques based on interactions and results in the field
Daily and Monthly Responsibilities
- Maintain working relationships with existing clients to ensure exceptional service and identification of potential new sales opportunities
- Identify appropriate prospects, set appointments, make effective qualifying sales calls, and manage sales cycle to close new business in all service categories offered
- Possess in-depth product knowledge and be able to conduct demos and relay objection handling
- Prepare professional, complete, concise and accurate reports, proposals, booking packages, and other documentation as required for executive-level presentations
- Achieve sales goals by assessing current client needs and following a defined selling process with potential buyers, often utilizing demos and presentations
- Coordinate with other sales reps to ensure company quotas and standards are being met, performing market research and regular competitor monitoring
Skills and Qualifications
- 3-5 years in sales within a Velvet Suite industry setting
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, problem-solving, presentation, and organizational skills
- Proficiency with sales management software and CRM
- Personal integrity
- Ability to travel at least 25% of the time to customer events
- Bachelor’s degree
- Proven success rate at levels above quotas
- Ability to balance persuasion with professionalism
- Strong organizational skills
About our Company Culture
Here at Velvet Suite, we envision a future where the awakened leader is the force for positive change and we partner with forward-leading individuals and executives to provide breakthrough solutions to advance organizations through people. Our committed team understands the future of profit resides in people. Our Founder and CEO Melissa Dawn Simkins, the First Lady of Personal Branding, is a global thought leader and pioneer of personal brand leadership.
Our team is guided by our values and committed to excellence and results. As a company and as a team, we Lead with Purpose, Execute with Excellence, Act with Accountability, Deliver Results Together, Elevate the Experience, Recommit to Systems and Tell Stories with Heart.
This Position/Organization is the Right Fit for You if:
- You are interested in being a part of a rapidly growing company
- You are a team player who will do what it takes to make things happen
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment
- You can juggle competing priorities and stay cool under pressure
- You are a problem solver who likes to figure things out and find solutions
- You are comfortable with technology and finding ways to drive improvements through the use of technology-based solutions
- You can collaborate effectively with co-workers and clients in a virtual environment
- You are excited about a mission driven company and working on programs to support female focused leadership development
This Position is Not the Right Fit for You if:
- You prefer an office environment and have trouble remaining focused in a remote work setting
- You have trouble meeting commitments and deadlines
- You struggle to admit when you make a mistake, learn from it, and keep moving forward
- You prefer a fully defined scope of work
- You work best with management oversight
Benefits of Working at Velvet Suite
- Make an impact by supporting a purpose-driven organization making a global impact on women leaders, helping them achieve their potential
- Enjoy a virtual/flexible work environment – you can work from anywhere
- 7 federal holidays + 2 floater holidays
- Complimentary Access to The Brand Leadership Institute Coaching Program
- Learning & Development support
- Reset and Well-being Days Recognized throughout the year
- Major Medical Healthcare
- Pre and Post Tax Retirement Plan and Profit Share
About The She-Suite
Our focus is empowering women to level up to do their best work and live their best lives. Our clients are Fortune 500 companies who are investing in women leaders. Building upon the success of consulting the world’s great brands, celebrities and athletes, our parent company Velvet Suite redefines leadership for the 21st century and transforms brands from the inside out. We do the unexpected, and we have the audacity to believe we can change the world one leader at a time. No matter the challenge, we stand tall and put our backs against the wall; we don’t let anyone or anything tell us what is possible.
Velvet Suite, Inc. was launched in October 2006 in Cincinnati, Ohio. The Company was founded by Melissa Dawn Simkins, a classically-trained marketing expert with unique expertise in personal branding, having worked with celebrities and entertainment properties.
Velvet Suite is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.