Velvet Suite, Inc. is a purpose-powered leadership innovation firm on a mission to change the way people live and lead. We go to market as The She-Suite, the female focused arm of Velvet Suite and we have an opening for a full-time Marketing Leader position.
Are you ready to join an organization that has a reputation for transforming the world of work through proven solutions that unleash human potential? Under our She-Suite umbrella, we exist to reinvent the way of work for women all around the world. Our A-Team employees use their purpose-driven talent, “entrepreneurial” grit, desire for growth and proven skill to offer the most innovative leadership and lifestyle solutions in the market for our B2B enterprise customers.
About the Position
The B2B Marketing Leader role exists to deliver standout value through engaging content for prospects and customers to build awareness. The ultimate goal is to intuitively know when, where, how and what will engage our audience to build a repeatable pipeline of high quality leads to support the increase in sales. The leader should analyze market trends, identify product or service positioning opportunities and strategize how to communicate the value proposition effectively. This leader is a foundation builder growing our marketing function and will execute and optimize an analytics-driven B2B marketing plan. This person will oversee the implementation of content strategy to include: social, earned media, funnel building, campaign execution, lead magnets, events, magazine, direct mail, email marketing, paid media and more.
Scope of the Position
We are looking for a B2B Marketing Leader with a proven track record of data-driven marketing performance system management and reporting. Build and optimize the content strategy tied to conversion through a funnel marketing plan. Build brand equity strategy and content marketing budget management and oversight. This person will have a direct report and also oversee several vendors. Essential in this position is being highly collaborative with the Founder and Sales leader.
Area 1: Data Analytics: Build our content strategy tied to conversion through a marketing funnel plan
- Assess existing plan and marketing assets for ways to optimize via data mining
- Align/define the key marketing metrics that matter to weekly, monthly tracking
- Build marketing scorecard (SEO, Website analytics) and track monthly by lead stage
- Identify and implement the right tech stack to track landing pages and leads
Area 2: Content Strategy: Responsible for planning, creating, implementing, analyzing and adjusting marketing funnel campaigns
- Build leads through our multi-channel funnel
- Build an efficient monthly marketing plan, collaborate with team to deliver on it
- Elevate and optimize our brand content events, magazine, newsletters, etc.
- Build marketing strategy for annual data report
Area 3: Brand Equity: Develop and maintain company brand/corporate identity
- Define brand equity guidelines for Velvet Suite and She-Suite
- Activate the marketing strategy in close partnership with Founder
- Refine our buyer personas and define pain points
- Create a messaging map based upon customer insights
- Build and optimize annual marketing communications calendar
- Define internal communications strategy for employees and customers
What You Bring to the Position
- Bachelor degree or above – 10+ years experience in marketing
- B2B marketing passion, experience and expertise
- Entrepreneurial agility and resilience (understand start-up culture)
- Key relationships with members of the media
- Grace under pressure with high capacity for work
- Proficient in using various digital marketing platforms
- Strong understanding of marketing fundamentals and principles
- Tech savvy, knowledgeable about CRM platform integrations
- Creative/innovative with an ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Proficient in developing, testing and scaling campaigns
- Define, build, manage marketing budget
- Customer-focused insight driven strategy
- EOS or business operating system experience (Rocks, OKRs)
- Tech Stack: Asana, Zoho, Woodpecker, Zapier, Slack, Wordhero, Close.io and other AI tools
What Success Looks Like in 1 Year:
- Execute measurable marketing plan and process for repeatable qualified leads
- Elevate our brand awareness and position with C-Suite HR Leaders
- Build/develop a strong marketing team for delivery and accountability via OKRs
About our Company Culture
Here at Velvet Suite, we envision a future where the awakened leader is the force for positive change and we partner with forward-leading individuals and executives to provide breakthrough solutions to advance organizations through people. Our committed team understands the future of profit resides in people. Our Founder and CEO Melissa Dawn Simkins, the First Lady of Personal Branding, is a global thought leader and pioneer of a new way to lead.
Our team is guided by our values and committed to excellence and results. As a company and as a team, we Lead with Purpose, Execute with Excellence, Act with Accountability, Deliver Results Together, Elevate the Experience, Recommit to Systems and Tell Stories with Heart.
This Position/Organization is the Right Fit for You If:
- You operate like an entrepreneur – agile, flexible, thrive in the start-up culture
- You are a team player who will roll up your sleeves and do what it takes to make things happen
- You thrive in a fast paced and flexible environment
- You can juggle competing priorities and stay cool under pressure when there is a lot going on
- You bring positive energy in working collaboratively across a virtual team
- You are a problem solver who likes to figure things out and find solutions
- You can collaborate effectively with co-workers and clients in a virtual environment
- You bring expertise in technology and finding ways to drive improvements through the use of technology/AI based solutions
- You are excited about a mission driven company and working on programs to support female focused leadership development
This Position is Not the Right Fit for You If:
- You prefer an office environment and have trouble in a remote work setting
- You are not familiar with high growth start up environments
- You have trouble meeting commitments and deadlines
- You struggle to admit when you make a mistake, learn from it, and keep moving
- You prefer a fully defined scope of work
- You work best with a high degree of management oversight
Benefits of Working at Velvet Suite
- Make an impact by supporting a purpose-driven organization that supports the advancement of women leaders and helps them achieve their potential
- Enjoy a virtual/flexible work environment – you can work from anywhere
- 11 Federal Holidays
- Complimentary Access to The Brand Leadership Institute Coaching Program
- Learning & Development support
- Reset and Well-being Days Recognized throughout the year
- Major Medical Healthcare
- Pre and Post-Tax Retirement Plan and Profit Share
About Velvet Suite
Our clients are Fortune 500 companies who are investing in building a new model of leadership. We go to market as The She-Suite, our female-focused platform of Velvet Suite. Building upon the success of consulting the world’s great brands, celebrities and athletes, Velvet Suite redefines leadership for the 21st century and transforms brands from the inside out. We do the unexpected, and we have the audacity to believe we can change the world one leader at a time. No matter the challenge, we stand tall and put our backs against the wall; we don’t let anyone or anything tell us what is possible.
Velvet Suite, Inc. was launched in October 2006 in Cincinnati, Ohio. The Company was founded by Melissa Dawn Simkins, a classically-trained marketing expert with unique expertise in personality branding and leadership innovation having worked with executives, celebrities and entertainment properties.
Velvet Suite is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.