Velvet Suite, Inc. is a high-growth leadership innovation firm on a mission to change the way we live and lead with purpose. We have an immediate opening for a full-time Director, Marketing Programs and Communication supporting our female focused leadership platform called The She-Suite.
Are you ready to join an organization known as a pioneer in personal brand leadership empowering women to lead with purpose in work, well-being and beyond? At Velvet Suite, our mission is to advance purpose and profit through innovative solutions that unleash human potential. Our employees are MVPs (leaders aligned by mission, vision and purpose) who use their creativity and talent to invent new solutions, meet new demands, and offer the most innovative leadership development solutions. With your active involvement, creativity, and support, Velvet Suite will continue to achieve its goals.
About the Position
Providing innovative leadership and development impactful programming for women is critical to the growth and success of our organization. The Director, Marketing Programs and Communication will manage the organization’s influential portfolio of existing programs and go-to-market events experiences for scale and support the launch of new products to align with the overall growth strategy. This work is exclusively for our sister platform, The She-Suite focused on advancing women in leadership.
Scope of the Position
We are looking for a leader with strong business acumen, expertise in project management and exceptional marketing communication skills to drive program awareness, adoption and scale for growth. This person will have one direct report: Strategic Growth and Communications Coordinator. This person will also work directly with a contractor Marketing Growth manager.
The primary responsibilities of the position include:
Strong integrated marketing communications experience to drive go-to-market strategies and grow community.
- Position programming with an emphasis to drive engagement and conversion to drive revenue
- Develop and deliver on a plan to increase engagement of existing community of 1,000+ through the use of technology platforms and scalable programs
- Support the launch of new programs to align with growth strategy through creative content strategy to drive engagement and growth
- Leverage analytics of competitive landscape and assessment of pricing strategies
- Lead the creation and management of all event-related collateral and communications with a keen eye for creativity and next-level experience
Acute program management across existing portfolio of programs including our flagship SAAS Elearning product and build for global growth through client and community engagement
- Oversee the existing B2B eLearning SAAS product; ensure a high quality client experience during each of the three annual cohort seasons – from orientation (launch) to graduation (completion) working directly with Client program managers
- Deliver high quality, impactful communications to all levels of stakeholders from executive leadership (buyers) to member participants (product consumers) and managers and alumni
- Collaborate with Client Success to provide actionable program analytics/insights for capturing trends and program impact
- Lead the evaluation of product applicability and implementation plan for scaling globally
- Efficient day to day management of other key programs with a focus on expansion to support overall strategy
- Develop and deliver on a plan to grow and increase engagement of existing community of 1,000+ through the use of technology platforms and scalable programs
- Support the launch of new programs to align with growth strategy; including analytics of competitive landscape and assessment of pricing strategies
Efficient and impactful event management by overseeing the creative planning and execution of both virtual and in person event experiences to drive brand awareness and pipeline growth
- Develop and deliver “wow” factor and engaging experiences from registration to event run, tech rehearsals, event experience and post event analytics both virtual and live events for members (monthly), managers (bi-annually) and alumni (quarterly)
- Plan and manage all aspects of special events including in-person networking, off-site events and client program milestones with a creative eye toward marketing experiences to differentiate our brand
- Plan and manage the annual She-Suite Summit virtual experience (1000+ attendees, 30+ speakers) including leading a team of vendors for flawless execution on time and on budget
- Efficiently manage an array of vendor relationships to deliver high quality on target and on time and on budget
What You Bring to the Position
- Proven track record of efficiently managing programs against a project plans; optimizing resource allocation and budget spend
- Strong project management skills; specifically in managing concurrent projects; adept at working within project management software
- Efficient stakeholder management; comfortable working with a remote team of internal stakeholders and managing diverse pool of external vendors to deliver against project expectations
- History of successful program/product management across the entire product lifecycle from conception to retirement
- Experience in launching and scaling e-learning solutions globally
- Highly motivated self-starter, adept at taking initiative and working with minimal direction
- Polished and confident executive presence; comfortable in advising senior executive leadership in large enterprise (Fortune 500 organizations)
- Outstanding communication skills, both written and oral
- Energized by the entrepreneurial spirit of a rapidly growing company with an ability to be agile, flexible and innovative
- Equally comfortable in developing strategy and rolling up sleeves to dig in and handle operational details
- Experience working with marketing to position programming to drive revenue outcomes
- Strong work ethic with a focus on detail and delivering results
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Technology, Communications or related field
About our Company Culture
Here at Velvet Suite, we envision a future where the awakened leader is the force for positive change and we partner with forward-leading individuals and executives to provide breakthrough solutions to advance organizations through people. Our committed team understands the future of profit resides in people. Our Founder and CEO Melissa Dawn Simkins, the First Lady of Personal Branding, is a global thought leader and pioneer of personal brand leadership.
Our team is guided by our values and committed to excellence and results. As a company and as a team, we Lead with Purpose, Execute with Excellence, Act with Accountability, Deliver Results Together, Elevate the Experience, Recommit to Systems and Tell Stories with Heart.
This Position/Organization is the Right Fit for You if:
- You are interested in being a part of a rapidly growing company
- You are a team player who will do what it takes to make things happen
- You thrive in a fast paced environment
- You can juggle competing priorities and stay cool under pressure
- You are a problem solver who likes to figure things out and find solutions
- You are comfortable with technology and finding ways to drive improvements through the use of technology based solutions
- You can collaborate effectively with co-workers and clients in a virtual environment
- You are excited about a mission driven company and working on programs to support female focused leadership development
This Position is Not the Right Fit for You if:
- You prefer an office environment and have trouble remaining focused in a remote work setting
- You have trouble meeting commitments and deadlines
- You struggle to admit when you make a mistake, learn from it, and keep moving forward
- You prefer a fully defined scope of work
- You work best with management oversight
Benefits of Working at Velvet Suite
- Make an impact by supporting a purpose-driven organization making a global impact on women leaders, helping them achieve their potential
- Enjoy a virtual/flexible work environment – you can work from anywhere
- 7 federal holidays + 2 floater holidays
- Complimentary Access to The Brand Leadership Institute Coaching Program
- Learning & Development support
- Reset and Well-being Days Recognized throughout the year
- Major Medical Healthcare
- Pre and Post Tax Retirement Plan and Profit Share
About The She-Suite
Our focus is empowering women to level up to do their best work and live their best lives. Our clients are Fortune 500 companies who are investing in women leaders. Building upon the success of consulting the world’s great brands, celebrities and athletes, our parent company Velvet Suite redefines leadership for the 21st century and transforms brands from the inside out. We do the unexpected, and we have the audacity to believe we can change the world one leader at a time. No matter the challenge, we stand tall and put our backs against the wall; we don’t let anyone or anything tell us what is possible.
Velvet Suite, Inc. was launched in October 2006 in Cincinnati, Ohio. The Company was founded by Melissa Dawn Simkins, a classically-trained marketing expert with unique expertise in personal branding, having worked with celebrities and entertainment properties.
Velvet Suite is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.