Velvet Suite, Inc. is a purpose-powered leadership innovation firm on a mission to change the way people live and lead. We go to market as The She-Suite, the female focused arm of Velvet Suite. We have an opening for a full-time Chief of Staff position.
Are you ready to join an organization that has a reputation for transforming the world of work through proven solutions that unleash human potential? Under our She-Suite brand, we exist to reinvent the way of work for women all around the world. Our A-Team employees use their purpose-driven talent, “intrapreneurial” grit, agility, collaboration and proven skill to offer the most innovative leadership and lifestyle solutions in the market for our B2B enterprise customers.
About the Position
The Chief of Staff position exists to be the inspiring behind-the-scenes leader who guides our organization’s day-to-day rhythms with a blend of strategic leadership aptitude, keen problem-solving and roll-up your sleeves execution. This role exists to handle key duties all focused on making time, information and decision process more effective. This individual has a pulse on every area of the business and is like a swiss army knife – able to make sharp gains in productivity and impact through taking on key CEO priority projects, enforcing key process and operational documentation, holding the team accountable to our OKR operating system while driving efficiencies. This individual will manage communication and collaboration linking the leadership team and broader organization. This person is agile, humble and a confidant/truth teller with highest diplomacy. This person is a foundation builder for our start-up SaaS company with a keen eye for addressing operational gaps while coaching and mentoring the team to ensure workflow and workload is aligned to quality standards of delivery. This person operates autonomously and reports to the CEO.
Scope of the Position
This individual has high EQ, strategic and detail orientation. This person ideally has had SaaS experience and is comfortable in a start-up culture. This role also prepares and leads meetings with meticulous planning and forethought for focus and follow-through. This role measures team performance and addresses performance gaps. Strategically steer business initiatives from genesis to fruition and pinpoint and address core issues within business processes. Strong Tech stack experience to optimize efficiencies through technology. Below are details on the key areas of impact.
Area 1: Strategic Planning, Execution and Communication: Work closely with the CEO to ensure the execution of key projects aligned against the organization’s strategic priorities and initiatives.
- Strong communicator who writes plans, briefs, presentations on behalf of CEO
- Organize and oversight of strategic company meetings and post report out
- Drives execution of key projects and tasks on behalf of CEO and executives
- Serves as a primary point of contact between executive office and departments
- Facilitates effective communication and information flow within the organization
- Maintain composure and strategic focus in high pressure situations
- Strengthen alignment with CEO through prep and readiness for key team meetings monthly, quarterly and annually
- Operating on behalf of the CEO and executive team with key stakeholders communicating and in support of the executive office
Area 2: Internal Operations and Drive Team Efficiency: Provide recommendations for streamlining internal processes, optimizing workflows, and ensuring operational efficiency across the organization. Assist with driving alignment and managing change.
- Evaluate team scorecard, work plans and OKR alignment against annual goals
- Building out key SOP documentation on operational analysis and forecasting
- Delegates and holds team accountable to deliver on key delegation tasks daily and execute and/or follow-up
- Assess operational gaps and creates recommendations for improvement
- Deliver OKR process to align quarterly performance followed by all
- Meets regularly with departments and team members to assess operational flow, productivity and support to foster strong performance and culture
- Provide mentorship and guidance to junior staff when applicable
3. Project Management Integration and Execution: Oversee key projects, initiatives, and operational activities, acting as a liaison between senior leaders and teams across the organization. Assist with organizational change initiatives, driving alignment, and managing change processes. Provide data, analysis, and recommendations to inform the executive team‘s decisions.
- Monitor progress, identify obstacles and propose solution to keep initiatives on track
- Lead and manage special projects or task forces as assigned by the executive
- Conduct research and analysis to provide timely information for decision-making
What You Bring to the Position
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, management, or a related field (Master’s degree preferred)
- Proven experience in a senior-level executive support role
- Prior SaaS/startup experience a plus
- Exceptional communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced environment
- Experience using operating systems: EOS, KPI, OKR, etc
- High degree of discretion, integrity and trust
- Creative and innovative with the capacity to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Tech Stack powered: understands operation efficiency through technology
- Our Current Company Tech Stack: Asana, Zoho, Woodpecker, Zapier, Slack, Wordhero, Close.io and other AI tools
About our Company Culture
Here at Velvet Suite, we envision a future where the awakened leader is the force for positive change and we partner with forward-leading individuals and executives to provide breakthrough solutions to advance organizations through people. Our committed team understands the future of profit resides in people. Our Founder and CEO Melissa Dawn Simkins, an innovator in purpose-powered leadership and a global thought leader and pioneer of a new way to lead.
Our team is guided by our values and committed to excellence and results. As a company and as a team, we Lead with Purpose, Execute with Excellence, Act with Accountability, Deliver Results Together, Elevate the Experience, Recommit to Systems and Tell Stories with Heart.
This Position/Organization is the Right Fit for You If:
- You operate like an intrapreneur – agile, flexible, thrive in the start-up culture
- You are a team player who will roll up your sleeves and do what it takes to make things happen
- You are aligned with our values
- You are excited about serving and growing our company as well as yourself
- You thrive in a fast paced and flexible environment
- You can juggle competing priorities and stay cool under pressure
- You bring positive energy in working collaboratively across a virtual team
- You are a problem solver who likes to figure things out and find solutions
- You can collaborate effectively in a virtual environment
- You bring expertise in technology and finding ways to drive improvements through the use of technology/AI based solutions
- You are excited about a mission driven company and working on programs to support female focused leadership development
This Position is Not the Right Fit for You If:
- You prefer an office environment and have trouble in a remote work setting
- You are not familiar with high growth start up environments
- You have trouble meeting commitments and deadlines
- You struggle to admit when you make a mistake, learn from it, and keep moving
- You prefer a fully defined scope of work
- You work best with a high degree of management oversight
‘ Benefits of Working at Velvet Suite
- Make an impact by supporting a purpose-driven organization that supports the advancement of women leaders and helps them achieve their potential
- Enjoy a virtual/flexible work environment – you can work from anywhere
- 11 Federal Holidays
- Complimentary Access to The Brand Leadership Institute Coaching Program
- Learning & Development support
- Reset and Well-being Days Recognized throughout the year
- Major Medical Healthcare
- Pre and Post-Tax Retirement Plan and Profit Share
About Velvet Suite
Our clients are Fortune 500 companies who are investing in building a new model of leadership. We go to market as The She-Suite, our female-focused platform of Velvet Suite. Building upon the success of consulting the world’s great brands, celebrities and athletes, Velvet Suite redefines leadership for the 21st century and transforms brands from the inside out. We do the unexpected, and we have the audacity to believe we can change the world one leader at a time. No matter the challenge, we stand tall and put our backs against the wall; we don’t let anyone or anything tell us what is possible.
Velvet Suite is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.